Why? Here are few really good reasons to help.
In Palm Beach County, one in four children under age 6 lives in poverty, as does 15 percent of the overall county population.
More than a quarter-million county residents under age 65 are without health insurance — even with the Affordable Care Act in place.
“They are one paycheck or one illness away from total bankruptcy,”
Did you know:
The State of Florida decides how many prison
beds they will need in the future based on
the number of children who cannot read
at grade level by 3rd Grade
Healthy Food =Healthy Children
• Since 2007, there has been an 83% increase
in homelessness in school age children.
• One in four children live in poverty in
Palm Beach County.
Children in food insecure households:
• Have impaired health status, making them
more likely to become sick or hospitalized.
• Often have problems learning, resulting in
lower grades and test scores.
• Are two times more likely to have mental
and health issues.
• Are ten times more likely to exhibit behavior
• Are four times more likely to become high
"Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it unto Me."